Friday, April 11, 2008

Personal Metaphor




I chose to do a pin ball machine because I feel like a pin ball being pushed around. My parents are trying to push me into all these different directions but I don’t know where to go. I was trying to express the pressure they put me through. You can tell by my expression on the pin ball that I am stressing. I wanted to show all the options I have but just don’t know what to choose.
I placed four pin balls in different directions because I wanted it to look like they were moving in different directions but not staying anywhere. I thing I do have a strong focus area. My focus area is the pinball I really want the focus to be in the circular motions of the pin balls moving. My image does feel balanced. It doesn’t make you tilt your head or dizzy. I think the picture is balanced from my point of view.
I think I blended my face with the pin ball well. I was impressed on how it came out. At first I wasn’t sure of what I was going to do. I struggled with it but in the end I found a solution and I am content with it. What was difficult about the project was getting all the right lighting. I wanted to make it look as natural as possible. Even though some things can be improved and I know the lighting can be improved, I think I did a pretty good job. I think what I would have liked to done is put some shadows for the pin balls. I really didn’t think about it at the time but now when I see it I see that I need some shadows. I also would have changed the placement of my text. It was really hard placing the text somewhere because it was so crowded. Over all I liked the way it turned out.

3 comments:

Carla said...

I really like what you did; you did a very good on this project. I really like how the pin balls are going in different directions with no were to stop. You did a good job blending the pin balls and your face together.

nAdine said...

I really like your metaphore because I can relate. It was very well done and I can feel your emotion just by looking at it. Great job!

brenda said...

I think the whole concept of your project is really cool. I would have never came up with it. Good Job!!!!